The MCG is transforming into one of Australia’s most technically advanced and connected stadiums for fans.
WiFi and connectivityA secure, high-density WiFi network has been installed in the stadium, offering fans, members and stakeholders access to the internet on any device at the stadium for free.
The "MCG FREE WIFI" network is now available and allow fans to access real-time and interactive content and the ability to engage with others at the game.
In addition, Telstra has improved 3G and 4G connectivity within the stadium.
How to connect to MCG WiFi
- Turn on WiFi settings on your device.
- Select ‘MCG FREE WiFi’ from list of available networks.
- A registration page will appear. Enter your details, accept terms and conditions and click submit.
- You’re connected!
Having trouble connecting?My device can’t find ‘MCG FREE WiFi’
- Try disabling and enabling WiFi in settings
- Check that your device has the appropriate minimum requirements (see below)
If you’re an iPhone user, make sure you have ‘Auto-Join’ and ‘Auto-Login’ enabled in your WiFi settings:
- To do this, turn on WiFi in settings, select the ‘i’ icon on ‘MCG FREE WiFi’ in the list of available networks.
- Then, disable and enable WiFi and select MCG FREE WiFi again. The registration page should appear automatically.
Device requirementsThe following are minimum requirements to allow you to register and connect to the MCG WiFi network.
|Device name || Operating system|| Default browser|
| Amazon Kindle||22.214.171.124|| Silk 1.0.454.220|
| Apple iPhone||6.1.3|
| Apple Macbook Pro||10.8.4|| Safari 6.0|
| Apple iPad||7.0|| Safari 7.0|
| Google Nexus 7||4.3|| Google Chrome 32|
|Samsung|| 33.0 (Snow OS)|| Google Chrome 33.0|
Home club themingNot since the days when teams were still playing at Victoria Park, Windy Hill and Punt Road have clubs been able to create a true home environment at their games.
As the ‘G is the home ground to up to 10 different sporting teams in any 12 months, one of the central pillars of the MCG’s technology improvements is the ability to theme the stadium in the colours of the home team.
LED lights now encase the entire stadium and illuminate the entrances, enabling the exterior of the stadium to be lit up in club colours. As fans embark on their trip to the MCG, they can see the stadium lit up like a beacon wherever they are travelling from.
Digital signage along the concourse compliments the stadium lighting and provides information to fans about the day’s event and how to easily get around the stadium.
Once inside, LED signage around the fences help create a real home game atmosphere as clubs have licence to turn the stadium into their own fortress.